The culinary internship / externship program is designed as an eight to ten week program that exposes culinary students and recent grads to the personal chef industry.
It is a structured program with its own curriculum and can be completed for course credit or for a stipend in exchange for 90–250 hours of work. In this internship, your time will be spent primarily working with the chef team from Prep Atlanta Monday–Friday, 8:30am–2:30pm, with about 4-8 events over the course of your program.
On Our Team You Will:
- Learn to master the execution and plating of various world cuisines, as well as making basic, well-executed, kid-friendly foods
- Listen, listen, and listen more to what our client’s needs are, and then deliver
- Help families celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, and more. Not a people person? This may not be the best fit for you.
- Utilize technology and phone apps to make work more efficient, easier, and collaborative
- Sharpen your culinary skills (and your knives!) with a talented team who have paved the way before you, and will continue to lead and inspire you as you develop
- Communicate about food via email, phone, and in-person in a professional, helpful manner
- Plan and execute different types of events, and afterward, look back and be proud of what you’ve accomplished
- Support the personal chefs in their production work and maintaining a professionally run kitchen
Let’s Talk Specifics
- You must be currently enrolled in a culinary program, or have graduated within the past year
- You’ll be driving around town — so you must have a reliable car, patience in traffic, and a good play-list to keep your sanity
- You’ll be working mostly Monday – Friday, and you’ll be working some evenings and weekends too
- You’ll be in some of the finest homes in Atlanta — so no smoking, bad language, or offensive tattoos
- You must be able to pass a comprehensive background check
- You can have the option to receive course credit (internship program only) or a monetary stipend