Atlanta Personal Chef Service’s Personal Chefs are passionate about families eating dinner together on a regular basis.
In this role, you will prepare family dinners during the work week. You will plan client menus, shop for ingredients, and either cook from the client’s home or cook from PrepATL (and then deliver the dinners to the clients’ homes) in and around Atlanta. This position will also execute dinner parties and events on-site in clients’ homes.
The team at Atlanta Personal Chef Service is looking for an experienced chef who is sharp, organized, positive, scheduled, goal-oriented, business-minded, food-loving, family-focused team player to use his or her talent and energy to help our company thrive. Experience in a professional kitchen and a passion for quality food is a must. We have a nine-year plus company history, an awesome team, and a solid base of loyal clients in the Atlanta area. Learn more at www.AtlChefs.com, read our 5-star reviews on Google, and view our Instagram photos.
You are the right fit for this role if you are an organized, professionally trained chef, who is looking for a meaningful role with creativity, autonomy, flexibility, and a great team who takes pride in quality work. This position will report directly to the Delivery Service or In-Home Service manager, and will support the Sales & Operations Manager and culinary team.
Learn More About This Opportunity
How We Work
We never lock our clients into long-term commitments; rather we retain multi-year relationships by providing exceptional value and service. We use a relational selling approach that’s natural for someone passionate about the value we add to our client’s lives by nourishing them, their families, and putting family dinners on auto-pilot.
In-Home and/or Delivery Weekly Client Work
- Shop for menu ingredients (Whole Foods, Publix, Buford Highway Farmers Market)
- Bring ingredients to client home OR PrepATL and cook 1 appetizer and 2 dinners per family
- Add on correct portions for chef’s selection clients as assigned
- Assist other chefs with prep and cleaning
- Cool, package and refrigerate OR deliver family dinners to clients (food is delivered cold, for families to reheat later with reheating instructions)
- Updating the Temperature log daily for each delivery
- Get feedback from clients
- Utilize feedback surveys for first four weeks for new clients, and then quarterly after
- Collect feedback via call/email/text/in-person as needed
- Write new menus for the following week and email scheduled to go to client by midnight Thursday (cc/ing manager) for 8am every Friday
- Attend new client meetings/phone calls to understand family needs and preferences
- Attend regular team meetings, outings and growth activities
- Maintain client and company equipment (containers, cooler bags, ice packs, ingredients, etc)
- Support Delivery Manager in all production aspects, including assigned support jobs
- Lead and execute dinner parties and events as scheduled, including planning, shopping, prepping, transport, and cleanup
- Manage event details regarding specific client needs, allergies, kitchen equipment, etc
- Travel to events, transporting all needed grocery items and equipment
- Collaborate with the sales staff to ensure all event details are understood and met
- Manage event costs, adhering to labor, grocery, and equipment/supply budgets
- Complete post-event reports for each event
- Maintain shared catering kitchen environment according to regulations
- Manage and coordinate team and equipment for each event as needed
- Develop and foster relationships with dinner party clients
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of individuals and their situations
- A positive and professional attitude and team mindset
- Strong communication skills – in-person, written, and by phone
- Flexible and resourceful
- Culinary Certificate or Degree
- At least five years of experience in a professional kitchen
- Can move and lift up to 40 lbs
- Variable hours, evenings and weekends will be required
- Current ServSafe Food Handler’s certification
- Reliable car with space to transport a large cooler and equipment
- Clean background check, non-smoker, without offensive tattoos or piercings
- Be fully vaccinated for Covid-19
This position works from clients home kitchens and from our catering kitchen (Prep ATL) in Doraville (3300 Marjan Dr) and involves delivery service inside the Perimeter with travel up to 25 miles outside the perimeter may be required on occasion for events or certain client deliveries (driving stipend included). Travel outside the perimeter will be required for events.
This is an exempt W2 salaried position, offering a base salary along with incentive bonuses that align with the objectives of the role. Benefits currently include short and long term disability and life insurance, IRA with employer match, paid days off, and more. We are closed on New Years Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas.